The snow is beginning to recede and the air is getting a little warmer…it’s Springtime in Stowe, Vermont. While many are still skiing and enjoying the warmer temperatures on the slopes, the fields are starting to stir with new life and little bursts of color can be glimpsed here and there, indicating the coming splendor. Here at the Green Mountain Inn, we’re getting ready for Springtime in Stowe and we’d like to help you enjoy it just the same! Here are some suggestions for creating a memorable getaway to our quaint little village.
- Take a Hike…literally! The landscape of colors in Vermont are not only spectacular in the fall, but in the spring as well. Just east of town is The Pinnacle Trail which will provide you with outstanding views of town. The 265 mile Long Trail system is easily accessed in Smuggler’s Notch and offers diverse trails. Wiessner Woods is perfect for a long leisurely stroll.
- Covered Bridges – from Emily’s Haunted Bridge (also known as Gold Brook Bridge) to the Stowe Walkway Bridge which allows visitors to cross over Waterbury River, a drive around the area will be the highlight of your day.
- Maple Sugaring – Early spring is a perfect time to visit the local sugar houses and get a first sampling of the sweet that Vermont is best known for – maple syrup.
- Antiquing – a trip to Stowe would not be complete without visiting many of the eclectic antique shops that are scattered throughout. Springtime in Stowe Vermont is your chance to walk the streets and maybe chance upon something vintage that you’ve always wanted.
- Fishing – As trout season begins in mid-April, it’s not just the bears and squirrels that come out of hiding. Many a fisherman take to the shores of our many beautiful lakes and tributaries for a resurgence of man’s oldest pastime.
Revel in the beauty of the brilliant blue skies, the blooming fields and the warm sunshine that all makes Springtime in Stowe Vermont a very special time of year.
Be sure to complete your experience with an overnight stay at the Green Mountain Inn. Each unique accommodation at the Inn offers an expert blend of elegance and style, along with a convenient location giving you easy access to Stowe and all that it has to offer. Choose from classic rooms with exceptional amenities all the way up to an exquisite Depot Street Townhouse for the larger family or group. Visit our website for more information or to book your stay.