Our Top 5 Ways to Enjoy the Spring Season in Stowe Vermont
It has been quite a winter, but the snow is beginning to recede and the air is getting a little warmer. While many are still skiing and enjoying the warmer temperatures on the slopes, the fields are starting to stir with new life and little bursts of color can be glimpsed here and there, indicating the coming splendor. Here at the Green Mountain Inn, we’re getting ready for Spring in Stowe and we’d like to help you enjoy it just the same! Here are some suggestions for creating a memorable getaway to our quaint little village.
- Fishing – As trout season begins in
mid-April, it’s not just the bears and squirrels that come out of hiding. Many a fisherman take to the shores of our many beautiful lakes and tributaries for a resurgence of man’s oldest pastime.
- Antiquing – a trip to Stowe would not be complete without visiting many of the eclectic antique shops that are scattered throughout. Spring time in Stowe Vermont is your chance to walk the streets and maybe chance upon
something vintage that you’ve always wanted.
- Take a Hike…literally! The landscape
of colors in Vermont are not only spectacular in the
fall, but in the spring as well. Just east of town is The Pinnacle Trail which will provide you with outstanding views of town. The 265 mile Long Trail system is easily accessed in Smuggler’s Notch and offers diverse trails. Wiessner Woods is perfect for a long leisurely
stroll. April to mid-May is also the
perfect time to hike, before the May/June arrival of the black flies.
- Covered Bridges – from Emily’s Haunted Bridge (also known as Gold Brook Bridge) to the Stowe Walkway Bridge which allows visitors to cross over Waterbury River, a drive around the area will be the highlight of your day.
- Maple Sugaring – Early spring is a perfect time to visit the local sugar houses and get a first sampling of the sweet
treat that Vermont is best known for – maple syrup.
Revel in the beauty of the brilliant blue skies, the blooming fields and the warm sunshine that all makes Spring time in Stowe, Vermont a very special time of year. Be sure to complete your experience with an overnight stay at the Green Mountain Inn. Each unique accommodation at the Inn offers an expert blend of elegance and style, along with a convenient location giving you easy access to Stowe and all that it has to offer. Choose from classic rooms with exceptional amenities all the way up to an exquisite Depot Street Townhouse for the larger family or group. Visit our website for more information or to book your stay.