During the early springtime, the nights are chilly and the days start to warm up. In Vermont, we call this sugaring season. This is the time of year when fresh maple syrup is harvested. Vermont residents celebrate this exciting time by holding a syrup festival.
Celebrate Sugaring Season in Vermont
The weekend of March 25 & 26 is when the Maple Open House Weekend in Vermont is held. We welcome you to join us for this special event, which will be held all day long on both Saturday and Sunday. When you come, you will get to enjoy the following:
- Visit a variety of sugarhouses and try maple syrup from different areas in Vermont. We guarantee you this will be the best maple syrup you’ve ever tasted.
- A pancake breakfast with fresh syrup, of course.
- Live, local music.
- A candy-making demonstration, which is fun for the whole family.
- Try every kind of maple goodness imaginable, from maple donuts to maple cotton candy.
- There will be plenty of food and drink vendors new to the festival this year. These vendors are excited to show you how they choose to celebrate the maple season.
Old-Fashioned Hospitality in the Modern Age
When you come to Vermont to enjoy your sugar-on-snow weekend, make sure you book your stay with us. At Green Mountain Inn, we show our guests old-fashioned hospitality. Our splendid Bed & Breakfast package includes:
- Discounted lodging in our beautiful, cozy rooms.
- A country breakfast—complete with fresh Vermont maple syrup.
- Afternoon tea and cookies.
While you’re here, you can enjoy delicious meals at our Main Street Dining Room or The Whip Bar & Grill. Green Mountain Inn has so much to offer during this wonderful time of year — we hope that you will join us for all the fun.