Answer the call of the wild and fall in love with nature while hiking the best trails in Stowe, Vermont.
Vermont is a skier’s paradise in winter and a trail blazer’s nirvana in summer, always gracing visitors with a bevy of outdoor pursuits to undertake. For those visiting our beloved state for the first time, the vast number of places to hike in Stowe may seem overwhelming. With Mount Mansfield – Vermont’s highest mountain – providing a picturesque backdrop, there are five trails that we at the Green Mountain Inn would suggest to anyone looking to pursue summer hiking in Stowe:
- Mill Trail – These 31 acres of conserved Mill Trail property highlight the history of Stowe. It’s also one of the Stowe trails that blends dense forest and flowing waterways, allowing hikers to view many of the local wildlife species in their natural habitats.
- Wiessner Woods – This 2-mile loop is one of the best trails in Stowe, Vermont to bring along your beloved four-legged family members. The beautiful meadow is always a picturesque area to stop and have a summer picnic.
- Sterling Gorge – A little less than a mile round-trip hike, this trail features the ambient soundtrack of the mighty Sterling Waterfall the whole way through.
- Moss Glen Falls – This 3-mile trek through the woods is made unforgettable by the scenic views of the majestic waterfall right at the top of its cascade.
- Ranch Camp – This 1-mile jaunt is meant to be experienced not on foot, but by bike, and is an easy, scenic trail for any level of mountain biker.
The Green Mountain Inn is the perfect home base after any of your Stowe hiking pursuits. A blend of rustic style and luxurious comfort, we’ll ensure you head out on your adventure fully prepared while also providing the perfect haven for relaxing and recharging upon return. We look forward to seeing you soon