Make sure you mark your calendars, as the Stowe Winter Carnival 2019 is almost here!
When the calendar changes to 2019, the winter events in Stowe continue to roll on! In fact one of the most beloved, having been awarded a “Top 10 Time-Honored Event” by the Vermont Chamber of Commerce, will return for three glorious days at the end of January. From Friday, January 25 through Sunday, January 27, the 45th Stowe Winter Carnival will bring a cavalcade of activities for all ages.
Centered around this year’s theme, “To Stowe and Beyond…”, all three days of this beloved winter carnival in Vermont will feature events that spotlight the many reasons people choose to visit the Green Mountain State during the colder months. These family fun events in Stowe will include:
Friday, January 25
- Townwide Ice Carving Demonstration Day -Professional carvers will craft their icy masterpieces throughout town.
- Live Music Dance Parties -When night falls, it’s time to warm up and boogie for a while.
Saturday, January 26
- Youth Ice Fishing Derby - Ages 1 – 14 may enter in competitions that range from longest, shortest, and most fish caught.
- Ice Carving Competition - This “nationally sanctioned” event will pit the top ice carvers around in a frozen water battle carrying the theme from the entire carnival – outer space!
Sunday, January 27
- Snowvolleyball Tournament -Six person teams compete in this carnival favorite putting a wintery spin on a warmer weather sport.
- Snowgolf Tournament - Don your costume and head to the Stowe Country Club for the “wackiest” golfing you have ever seen.
If you’re visiting in January, be sure to check out the Stowe Winter Carnival as you explore our winter wonderland. To truly enjoy your visit, book a room at The Green Mountain Inn. Conveniently located in historic Downtown Stowe, after days in the ice and snow, warm up in the comfort of our elegantly modern accommodations.